Aug 23, 2010

1 more...

OH.MY.GOSH.

I just realized I only have one more full weekend left in the US before my trip @__@;
Gosh how to spend it...
This will take some thinking yup!

But based on my last post, I do have some updates. I got antsy and went ahead & looked up all that info XD

luggage delivery: I finally took the time to measure my largest suitcase, and it is in fact the exact limit for the airlines I'll use + the delivery services in Japan, good thing! Since it'll be the largest size, it costs 1790 yen ($21) to ship~ Tamsyn said I can just drop off my carry-on at her place after she picks me up, then we can go hang out until I meet up with Mami :D

sending boxes: unlike Japan, which lets you ship SAL (2 weeks) or Sea (1 month), all USPS has is Priority (3-6 days) or 2-day, so basically they cost an arm & a leg >__>; Their largest box ships 20lb for $50 Priority, so I guess I'll be going with that. Luckily, I ordered a free set of boxes from their site + this means I have another week to figure out what to send (instead of needing to get it out in the mail tomorrow) :D

prepaid phone: After checking Softbank's website, I was able to figure out the charges for all their prepaid phones, and based on that I will be getting the 821SC model in white. Why? Because it's the cheapest ($50), and I'll only be using it for 2 months (until I get my visa/foreigner status ID) after which I can get a regular plan, yay!! And luckily I still have my phone I used last year, which is a black 922SH. Funny thing is you click on that link, the first color choice for the phone is labeled as "Blonds gold," though the correct spelling would be "Bronze gold" - that just made me laugh~ Maybe I should work for Softbank instead...haha. Anyway, just have to make sure I can find the Softbank kiosk after I ship off my luggage~

821SC922SH

1 comment: